Professor Neil Lee is a Professor of Economic Geography at LSE. He has worked with public and private sector organisations including NESTA, the World Bank, the OECD, the European Commission and the UK government.
Current areas of research include:
- The economics of innovation; Local economic development; Innovation policy; Spatial inequality; Investigation into innovation in Kuwait.
- The relationship between innovation and shared prosperity
- Long term patterns of spatial inequality in the UK, US, France, Canada, and Germany
- Policy for 'levelling up'
- The political impact of the inflation shock