CEP Annual Conference 2012
Monday 14 May 2012 11:15 - 18:00
About this event
This year's CEP Annual Conference will take place in Brighton from 14-15 May. Programme and more info...
CEP Annual Conference 2012 @ Lansdowne Place Hotel, Brighton
Date: Monday 14 - Tuesday 15 May 2012
Venue: Lansdowne Place Hotel, Lansdowne Place, Brighton BN3 1HQ.
Telephone: 01273 736 266
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS AN EVENT FOR CEP STAFF AND STUDENTS ONLY
MAP - to walk to the hotel from the station, the simplest route is to head straight down Queen's Road and West Street to the seafront and turn right onto King's Road. Head west along the seafront and turn right onto Lansdowne Place. Taxis leave from outside the station and take 5-10 minutes to get to hotel - if getting a taxi please team up with other CEP people wherever possible to minimise costs.
NOTES FOR SPEAKERS:
- Programme Directors are allocated 5 minutes at the start of their session to make a brief introduction – you are also responsible for keeping your session running to time as best you can.
- Speakers are allocated a maximum of 30 minutes (+5min Q&A) to present their paper, therefore please make your presentations clear and succinct.
- Macro speakers are allocated 20 minutes to present followed by an additional 5 minutes for discussion.
Time is very tight in the programme and any overruns will be made up for from break times.
The conference begins at 11.15am on Monday and finishes at 16.30 on Tuesday
If you are driving to the conference, there is limited parking at the hotel at the cost of around £15 per day, just let reception know when you arrive so they can book you in as it is not possible to book a space in advance.
GROUP TRAIN TRAVEL
Outbound train – leaves Victoria Station at 09.36am
Return train - leaves Brighton Station at 17.19pm
Please aim to be at the station in plenty of time. I'm afraid if you miss your train, you will have to buy ticket another at your own expense. I won't be travelling with the group so you MUST pick up your ticket in advance. Tickets will be left CEP pigeon-holes - if you can't make it to CEP to collect the tickets, please nominate someone else to collect for you.
If you are travelling separately from the group, see PDF documents for train times to/from
MEALS & ACCOMMODATION
All meals will be provided, and there will be a group dinner in the hotel restaurant on Monday evening at 8.00pm. Menu:
- Potato & Leek Soup with crusty roll
- Smoked Salmon & Caper Salad
- Cured Meat & Olive Plate
- Breast of Chicken with new potatoes spring greens & a rich red wine sauce
- Darn of Salmon with wilted spinach, sautéed potatoes & a tomato & olive sauce
- Vegetable Wellington with new potatoes, salad & a white wine, cream & wholegrain mustard sauce
- Chocolate brownie with ice cream
- Strawberry cheescake
- Selection of ice creams
This event will take place in Various Venues, .