||Dr Giulia FAGGIO|
- Urban Programme
Tel: 020 7852 3592
Room/Desk: 32L 2.28 L
Expertise: Applied micro-economics, labour economics and urban economics
Biography:Giulia Faggio is a Research Associate at the Spatial Economics Research Centre at at the London School of Economics (LSE), where she worked as a full-time Research Officer between April 2010 and August 2014. She is also a Lecturer in Economics in the Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods, at the Westminster Business School, University of Westminster.
She previously worked as a Senior Economist at Citigroup Global Markets Ltd. and as a full-time researcher at the Centre for Economic Performance at the LSE.
Current Areas of Research:
Giulia is an applied micro-economist with special interests in urban economics and labour economics. Her work has focused on wage inequality and firm productivity dispersion in the UK, patterns of work and unemployment in OECD countries. More recently, she has strengthened her interests in local economic development, agglomeration economics and entrepreneurship.
- Ph.D. Economics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium.
- Advanced Studies Program (ASP) in International Economic Policy & Research, Institute of World Economics, Kiel, Germany.
- Laurea (BA Hon.) and MSc Economics, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy
- “Self-employment and Entrepreneurship in Urban and Rural Labour Markets” (with Olmo Silva), Journal of Urban Economics, forthcoming.
- “The Effect of Public Sector Employment on Local Labour Markets” (with Henry G. Overman), Journal of
Urban Economics, Vol. 79, pp. 91-107, 2014.
- “Patterns of Work across the OECD” (with Stephen Nickell), Economic Journal, Vol.117 (521), pp. F416-F440, 2007.