Expertise: Climate Change, International Economics
Biography:Dr Mirabelle Muûls is a research associate of the CEP’s Globalisation Programme. She is an Assistant Professor in Economics at Imperial College Business School and lecturer at the Grantham Institute- Climate Change and the Environment. From 2008 to 2015 she was a Research Associate and then held a Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowship followed by a Junior Research Fellowship at the Business School and Grantham Institute at Imperial College.
Current Areas of Research:
Mirabelle's current research focuses on the economics of climate change, seeking in particular to understand the impact of climate change policies and climate change on firms' emissions, energy efficiency, innovation, competitiveness and performance.This includes an econometric evaluation of the EU Emissions Trading System and an analysis of the newly established Chinese ETS.
Her research interests also encompass international trade, and she is involved in several projects studying the impact of weather shocks on supply chains, productivity and trade as well as the interactions between trade, factor costs and innovation.
Finally, Mirabelle is part of a team interested in energy efficiency and the behavioural economics of individual energy consumption. This team focuses on conducting experimental interventions with energy consumers and examining the impact of these interventions on energy usage.
- PhD in Economics - LSE (2007)
- MSc Politics of the World Economy - LSE (2001)
- MA in Economics - Universite Catholique de Louvain (2000)
- Erik Kempe Award in Environmental and Resource Economics, to the best paper in the field of environmental and resource economics, published in a refereed journal, joint with Dr Martin, Dr de Preux and Dr Wagner, 2015
- Robert Mundell Prize by the Canadian Economics Association for the best paper by young economists published in the Canadian Journal of Economics in the previous calendar year, joint with Dr Petropoulou, 2014
Affiliations/Professional activities with other institutions:
- Martin R, Muuls M, de Preux LB and Wagner U, 2014, Industry Compensation under Relocation Risk: A Firm-Level Analysis of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme, American Economic Review, Vol:104, Pages:2482-2508
- Muuls M, 2015, Exporters, importers and credit constraints, Journal of International Economics, Vol:95, Pages:333-343
- Anatomy of a paradox: Management practices, organizational structure and energy efficiency, joint with Ralf Martin, Laure de Preux, and Ulrich Wagner, 2012, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Vol:63, Pages:208-223
Competition and norms: A self-defeating combination?
Genevieve Alberts, Zeynep Gurguc, Pantelis Koutroumpis, Ralf Martin, Mirabelle Muûls and Tamaryn Napp
Paper No' :
Industry Compensation under Relocation Risk: A Firm-Level Analysis of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme
Ralf Martin, Mirabelle Muûls, Ulrich J. Wagner and Laure B. de Preux
Paper No' :