Expertise: labour economics, migration, education, inequality, poverty
Biography:Diego is a PhD student at the LSE Department of Economics and Occasional Research Assistant in the Communities Programme at CEP. Much of his current work is focused on the impact of immigration on labour markets. Other areas of his research include the impact of education on earnings inequality and the measurement of multidimensional poverty.
Current Areas of Research:
The economic effects of social networks: Immigrant ships and labour markets during the age of mass migration" Work in progress, forthcoming draft-
Communication Costs and Organisational Performance: An empirical Investigation. (with J. Blanes i Vidal and T. Kirchmaier), Work in progress.
Trade diversion effects of the Panama Canal (with Felipe Valencia and Federico Rossi)
- PhD in Economics, London School of Economics, expected 2017
- MRes in Economics, London School of Economics (2013)
- M.A. in Economics, Universidad Nacional de La Plata (2010)
- B.A. Economics, Universidad Nacional de Cuyo (2006)
Affiliations/Professional activities with other institutions:
- UCL - School of Management
- Adjunct Teaching Fellow
- “Could an increase in education raise income inequality? Evidence from Latin America” with L. Gasparini and C. García-Domench. Latin American Journal of Economics. Vol. 51 No. 1 (MAY, 2014), 1–39. ISSN: 2198-3526
- “Income and Beyond: Multidimensional Poverty in Six Latin American Countries” with G. Cruces, L.F. Lopez-Calva, M.A. Lugo and M.E. Santos. Social Indicators Research, 1-24. ISSN:0303-8300 (2013)
- "Refining the Basic Needs Approach: A multidimensional analysis of poverty in Latin America" with M. E. Santos, M. A. Lugo, L. F. López Calva and G. Cruces. Research on Economic Inequality. vol. 18 p.1-29 ISSN 1049-2585. (2010)
- Is Distance Dead? Face-to-Face Communication and Productivity in Teams
Jordi Blanes i Vidal,
Paper No' CEPDP1473:
- Immigrant's access to social housing: perception and reality
Paper No' CEPCP420:
This article summarises 'Immigration and the Access to Social Housing in the UK' by Diego Battiston, Richard Dickens, Alan Manning and Jonathan Wadsworth, CEP Discussion Paper No. 1264, April 2014.
- Immigration and the Access to Social Housing in the UK
Paper No' CEPDP1264: