Expertise: Economics of happiness; behavioural economics; applied microeconometrics
Biography:Nattavudh (Nick) Powdthavee joined WBS as Professor of Behavioural Science in 2016, after holding positions at the London School of Economics, University of Melbourne, Nanyang Technological University, and University of York. Nick specialises in well-being (or happiness) economics and behavioural economics, and has published over 40 articles in these two broad areas. Nick is currently serving as an Associate Editor for the Journal of Behavioural and Experiment Economics, and was the Chief and Founding Editor for the International Journal of Well-Being. He is the author of the popular science book called "The Happiness Equation: The Surprising Economics of our Most Valuable Asset".
- BSc. in Economics and Management/Brunel University
- MSc. in Economics/Warwick University
- PhD. in Economics/Warwick University
Affiliations/Professional activities with other institutions:
- The Melbourne Institute of Applied Economics and Social Research
- Professorial Research Fellow
- Research Associate
- The Origins of Happiness: The science of wellbeing over the life course (forthcoming), Princeton University Press
- Putting different price tags on the same health problem: Re-evaluating the well-being valuation approach (with Bernard Van Den Berg), Journal of Health Economics, 30(5),1032-1043.
- Does happiness adapt? A longitudinal study of disability with implications for economists and judges, Journal of Public Economics, 92, 1061-1077. (with Andrew J Oswald)