Expertise: International Trade, Industrial Development, Trade Policy
Biography:Swati Dhingra is a Lecturer at the Department of Economics at LSE. Before joining LSE, she completed a PhD at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and was a fellow at Princeton University. Her research interests are international economics, globalization and industrial policy.
Current Areas of Research:
The impact of trade agreements
Firms in international trade
Industrial development in India
- PhD in Economics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- MS Economics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- MA Economics, Delhi School of Economics
- BA (Hons) Economics, Delhi University
- FIW Young Economist Award and ETSG Chair Jacquemin Prize, with John Morrow for “Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity under Firm Heterogeneity”, 2012.
Affiliations/Professional activities with other institutions: