||Dr Hannes SCHWANDT|
Tel: +41 44 634 61 07
University of Zurich
Expertise: Health Economics, Labour Economics, Applied Econometrics, Subjective Well-Being
Biography:Hannes Schwandt is an Assistant Professor in Economics. Before joining the Economics Department in Zurich he spent three years as a post-doc at Princeton, after receiving his PhD in the European Doctoral Programme at Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona and the London School of Economics.
His research interests include Health Economics, Economic Demography, Labour Economics, and Subjective Wellbeing.
His research has been published in journals such as Science, PNAS, the Economic Journal and the Harvard Business Review and has been featured in media outlets including the Economist, NYTimes, WSJ, FT, FAZ, TIME, NPR and the Washington Post.
- PhD in Economics, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (European Doctoral Program joined with London School of Economics).
- B.A. in Economics, University of Munich
- "Inequality in mortality decreased among the young while increasing for older adults, 1990–2010", Science, May 2016, with Janet Currie.
- "Income and Population Growth", Economic Journal, forthcoming, with Markus Brückner.
- "Within-mother analysis of seasonal patterns in health at birth," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, July 2013, Vol. 110 #28 with Janet Currie.