||Dr Olivier MARIE|
- Education and Skills
University of Maastricht|
Tel: +31 (0)43 38 84605
Expertise: Economics of Crime, Economics of Education, Labour Economics; Micro-Econometrics
Biography:Olivier Marie is Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics of the School of Business of Economics of Maastricht University in The Netherlands. He obtained his PhD from Royal Holloway University of London (RHUL) in 2010 and holds and MSc from the London School of Economics (LSE). He is a Research Felow at IZA, a Research Network Affiliate of the CESifo Group in Munich, and a Fellow at the Research Centre for Education and the Labour Markets (ROA) at Maastricht University.
- PhD Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, 2005-2010
- MSc Economics and Economic History, London School of Economics, 2000-2001
- BA Economics and Economic & Social History, Liverpool, 1998-2000
Bi-Deug Economics and English, Nanterre/Paris X, 1995-1998
- NWO Veni Grant (2012-2015) - Labour Market Opportunities and Criminal Participation
- Marie Curie Fellowship (2010-2012) - Human Capital and Crime Decision Making in Youths
- ESRC PhD Scholarship (2005-2009)
Affiliations/Professional activities with other institutions:
- “Measuring the (Income) Effect of Disability Insurance Generosity on Labour Market Participation.” (with Judit Vall Castello), Journal of Public Economics, 96, 198-210, February 2012.
- "Crime and Police Resources: The Street Crime Initiative" (with Stephen Machin), Journal of the European Economic Association, 9, 678-701, August 2011.
- "The Crime Reducing Effect of Education" (with Stephen Machin and Suncica Vujic), The Economic Journal, 121, 463-484, May 2011.
Crime and Police Resources: The Street Crime Initiative
Stephen Machin and Olivier Marie
Paper No' :