||Mr Christian KREKEL|
Tel: 020 7955 3597
Room/Desk: 32L 2.24 E
Expertise: Well-Being, Health, and Behaviour; Policy and Programme Evaluation; Applied Microeconometrics
Biography:I am a PhD Student at the Paris School of Economics, a Research Officer at the Centre for Economic Performance, London School of Economics, and a Consultant at the World Bank.
My research interests include well-being, health, and behaviour, policy and programme evaluation, and applied microeconometrics, with a particular focus on the non-monetary impacts of major events, infrastructure, and institutions.
- PhD in Economics (Expected: Spring 2017), Paris School of Economics
- MSc in Economic History, London School of Economics
- MSc in Economics, Trinity College Dublin
- FEEM Award (Young Economist Award) at 2014 Annual Conference of the European Economic Association
Affiliations/Professional activities with other institutions:
- Krekel, C., J. Kolbe, and H. Wuestemann, "The Greener, The Happier? The Effect of Urban Land Use on Residential Well-Being," Ecological Economics, 121, 117-127, 2016.
- Eibich, P., C. Krekel, J. Demuth, and G. G. Wagner, "Associations Between Neighborhood Characteristics, Well-Being, and Health Vary Over the Life Course," Gerontology, 62(3), 362-370, 2016.
- Goebel, J., C. Krekel, T. Tiefenbach, and N. R. Ziebarth, "How Natural Disasters Can Affect Environmental Concerns, Risk Aversion, and Even Politics: Evidence from Fukushima and Three European Countries," Journal of Population Economics, 28(4), 1137-1180, 2015.
- The Host with the Most? The Effects of the Olympic Games on Happiness
Nicolas R. Ziebarth,
Paper No' CEPDP1441: