Completed past programmes
Associated with the above thematic programmes are self-standing programmes of work funded by outside sponsors (in alphabetical order):
- Biomarkers and Economic Behaviour Research Group
Directors: Prof. Richard B. Freeman (Harvard) and Prof. Alex Bryson (NIESR)
- Centre for the Economics of Education (CEE) 2000 - 2010
Funded by the Department for Education and Skills.
Director: Prof. Stephen Machin
- CEP Macro programme
CEP Macro programme Director: Prof. Francesco Caselli
The Macro programme has now transferred to the Centre for Macroeconomics
- Effective Intervention
Director: Dr. Peter Boone
- EU LEED: Linked Employer-Employee Data
Four in-depth studies assessing the potential of linked employer-employee and panel data sets for analysis of European labour market policy
- Explaining Productivity and Growth in Europe, America and Asia
Director: Dr. Tobias Kretschmer
- Future of Unions Programme
Funded by the Leverhulme Trust.
- HP (formerly EDS) Innovation Research Programme
- LSE Growth Commission
Funded by HEIF and ESRC.
Chaired by Prof. Tim Besley and Prof. John Van Reenen
- Manpower Human Resources Lab
- Mental Health Policy Group 2011 - 2012
Director: Prof. Lord Richard Layard
- Pay Inequalities and Economic Performance (PIEP)
With support from the European Commission and Eurostat.
- Skills for All Programme Focusing on post-16 education and training and the new modern Apprenticeship, funded by the Esmeé Fairbairn Foundation.