CEP Public Events
Hosted with the Urban Economics Association
Urban Economics Association summer school, 2019
Sunday 29 September 2019 - Tuesday 01 October 2019
SAL 1.04, 1st Floor Conference Room, Sir Arthur Lewis Building, LSE, 32 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PH
About this event
An opportunity for students to learn about the research frontier in urban economics.
The UEA Summer School is designed for PhD students with an interest in urban economics including Inter Alia housing, real estate, transportation, local public good provision, the spatial distribution of activities, economic geography, and urban or regional policy.
The objective of the summer school is to offer an intensive training program for interested PhD students. The summer school will provide an opportunity for students to learn about the research frontier in urban economics, discuss their own research with leading researchers in the field in a relaxed and open atmosphere and meet some of the future stars in the field.
For more information, visit urbaneconomics.org.
- Diego Puga: Accessibility and land use inside a city: Monocentric and polycentric urban models
- Nate Baum Snow: Local Labour Markets and Spatial Equilibrium
- Daniel Sturm: Commuting and the Internal Structure of Cities
- Vernon Henderson: The dynamics of building cities, with slums
- Helen Simpson: Evaluating place-based policies
- Jeremiah Dittmar: Cities, Urban Economics, and History
Participants are expected to adhere to the CEP Events Code of Conduct.
This event will take place in SAL 1.04, 1st Floor Conference Room, Sir Arthur Lewis Building, LSE, 32 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PH.The building is labelled SAL on the LSE campus map. You can also find us on Google Maps. For further information, go to contact us.