cep home page
about the cep
events & calendar
support & services
To The ESRC
news & highlights
This page outlines the research support given by the administrative team of events, publications, public affairs, finance and project administration staff.
The Centre also has a data manager, an Information Systems manager and an Information manager who provide strong data and IT support and facilities.
CEP staff should read the CEP Handbook (in Adobe PDF format) first!
The CEP Handbook describes in detail all support and services available to staff and answers all your questions about life at the centre.
For information ranging from pay, tax, pensions and funding to less pressing issues such as ordering stationery, collecting post, photocopying and tidying the kitchen, please consult the CEP Handbook.
For general enquiries & FIRST point of contact for visitors and staff...|
||The Admin Team
Clockwise, from top left: Mary Yacoob, Helen Durrant, Jo Cantlay and Linda Cleavely.
Located in zones 1 & 2, the first set of open desks from the main CEP entrance.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7955 7284,
Administrative Support (in alphabetical order, by staff name).
- Administrator Centre for the Economics of Education (CEE)
- CEE Website Editor
- Seminars & Conferences organisation
- Room Bookings
- Stationery & Other Orders
- Administator of the Leverhulme 'Future of Unions in Britain' programme.
- Assistance to John van Reenen & Richard Layard.
- Staff Directory and Photos on the CEP Website.
- Discussion Paper Series Editor.
- Performance Indicators.
- Annual Report preparation.
- Administrative Secretary of the Centre.
- Assistant to Director, John Van Reenen
- Assistant to Richard Layard and Richard Freeman.
- Organises meetings, public lecture series including Lionel Robbins lecture series
- Organises Visitors Programme!
- Overall responsibility for administrative, personnel and financial management of CEP and Research Lab.
- Resource Planning, Management Information
- Grant applications, fundraising, contract negotiations
- Reporting to funders, liaising with central School departments.
- Annual Report
- Centre Management Committee, Policy Committee
- Handling Press Enquiries
If you have something interesting to write, want help with presenting it to reach the wider public contact Romesh.
- handling press contacts (see also centre manager, Nigel Rogers)
- organising special press seminars and lunchtime lectures
- producing the tri-annual magazine of the Centre's work 'Centrepiece'
- getting CEP work covered by the press.
Hours of work: 9.30am to 6.00pm - Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Expense claims, petty cash
- Occasional Research Assistant Hours Claims
- CEP Library and book ordering
- Publications Sales
||The IT Team
Clockwise, from top left: Anita Bardhan-Roy, Joe Joannes and Nic Warner
Anita is in Room R455.
Nic and Joe are located in R534
Tel: +44 (0)20 7955 7796 [Anita]
Tel: +44 (0)20 7955 7433 [Joe]
Tel: +44 (0)20 7955 7432 [Nic]
Please visit the RLAB IT Support website first.
For July 2006:
Anita will be working part time until 31st July, 2 days a week, Monday and Tuesday, when her time will be split between support and her Information Manager duties. For Wednesday-Friday IT support will be provided by Joe and Nic, based in R534. This support will be prioritised according to the outline below - see Service response times.
From August 2006 onwards:
Anita's time will be split, two days full IT support for CEP members, Monday and Tuesday, and Wednesday to Friday the rest of her Information Manager duties. R455 will be open during this Wednesday to Friday but Anita will be advising anyone who wants support to go to Joe and I.
Service response times:
Because of our reduction in staff, we will need to prioritise the service: it will unfortunately not be possible to deal with problems immediately as has been the case up to now. Response times will be based on the following priorities:
- Any problems for the administration staff, conference room and CEP system services will be dealt with immediately.
- Any problems for funded research staff and project & programme directors will have an initial response within six hours of being reported.
- Support for PhD students and visiting staff will only cover hardware or software problems that are stopping their computer from functioning normally. These will be looked at when time becomes available.
- For installations of pc's, for new email and registration on the network, it is essential that Anita, Jo and I are informed well in advance. Anita will not be carrying out installations, but until the end of the summer she will be solely responsible for registering people on the LSE network and for email accounts.
Visit the RLAB Data Services website.
Until the end of October The Data Manager will be bought out of her job four days per week to undertake the ESRC's Review of International Data Resources and Needs. During this time she will not be available for drop in consultations at all. If you have a query or would like to speak to her please email.
This means that she will be available for data support only on Thursdays, one day per week.
Where the Data Team has previously been able to respond to support requests at very short notice this will no longer be possible. If you are aware of a project for which you are likely to need help please give Tanvi as much advance warning as possible. The more notice she is given the more likely that she will be able to help. Requests for help at short notice may have to be refused.
When you need support please try the following:
- Check the Data website (http://rlab.lse.ac.uk/data/) for the information you need.
- Ask other IT staff for help.
- Speak to a departmental expert. A list of data and software experts will be available on the Data website shortly. We are looking for staff to be the named contact for various datasets and software packages over the summer period, if you would be willing to volunteer please contact Tanvi.
- Contact Luis Martinez the LSE Data Librarian, email: firstname.lastname@example.org , for help with basic queries.