||Dr Sara EVANS-LACKO|
Institute of Psychiatry
Tel: 0207 848 0619
Expertise: Mental Health Services, Public Health
Biography:I have a particular interest in the role of health services and social support in the prevention and treatment of mental illness. My future research plans are to advance innovative methods to improve access to and quality of mental health care for young people and cross-cultural applications of this. I will continue to work on the evaluation of public health interventions such as the Time to Change anti-stigma campaign which aim to improve important changes at the population level.
Prior to joining the IoP, I worked as a health care consultant for the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH, USA). I have an M.H.S. in psychiatric epidemiology and PhD in Health Policy and Management, with an emphasis in health services research, from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- PhD, Department of Health Policy and Management Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public
Health, Baltimore, Maryland
PhD, Department of Health Policy and Management
- MHS, Department of Mental Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- BSc, Biopsychology and Cognitive Science, University of Michigan
- Evans-Lacko S, Brohan E, Mojtabai, R*, Thornicroft G*. Association between public views of mental illness and self-stigma among individuals with mental illness in 14 European countries. Psychological Medicine 2012; 42(8):1741-1752.
- Evans-Lacko S, Knapp M, McCrone P, Thornicroft G, Mojtabai R. The Mental Health Consequences of the Recession: Economic Hardship and Employment of People with Mental Health Problems in 27 European Countries. PLoS ONE. 2013; 8(7): e69792. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0069792.
- Evans-Lacko S., Knapp M. Importance of social and cultural factors for attitudes, disclosure and time off work for depression: findings from a seven country European study on depression in the workplace. PLoS ONE. 2014. 9(3), e91053.