Expertise: Labour Economics, Political Economy, Economics of Language.
Biography:Javier Ortega received his PhD from DELTA (Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, Paris) in 1996. He is a Senior Lecturer in Economics at City University London and a Research Economist at the Centre for Economic Performance (LSE). He is also an Associate Professor at the University of Toulouse (on leave) and a research affiliate of IZA and CReAM.
His main areas of interest are Labour Economics, the Economics of Language, and Political Economy.
Current Areas of Research:
Labour Economics, Search Theory, Political Economy, Economics of Language.
- BSc in Economics, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 1991.
- MSc in Economics, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 1992.
- PhD in Economics, Ecole des Hautes en Sciences Sociales (DELTA), 1996.
Affiliations/Professional activities with other institutions:
- City University London
- Senior Lecturer
- IZA and CReAM
- Research affiliate
- In brief: Mother tongue:the economics of language learning
Paper No' CEPCP378:
This article summarises 'Assimilation in Multilingual Cities' by Javier Ortega and Gregory Verdugo, CEP Discussion Paper No.1110, December 2011
- Assimilation in Multilingual Cities
Paper No' CEPDP1110:
- Immigration and the Occupational Choice of Natives: A Factor Proportions Approach
Paper No' CEPDP1043:
- On the Extent of Re-Entitlement Effects in Unemployment Compensation
Paper No' CEPDP0846: